Job Title: Deputy-Director General, Statistical Institute of Belize
Reporting directly to the Director-General, the Deputy Director-General is responsible for all operational and management activities for the Information Technology and Management Services departments of the Statistical Institute of Belize (SIB). The Deputy Director-General will collaborate with the Director-General to enhance the overall growth and development of the SIB and provide leadership to ensure the highest levels of operational efficiency and effectiveness.
1. In collaboration with the senior management team, provide leadership in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Institute’s strategic plan.
2. Identify and implement appropriate programmes and activities as well as seek grants that would promote the growth and development of the Institute.
3. Work closely with the Finance Manager, the Human Resources Manager, and other managers to develop and implement the annual operating budget of the Institute, ensuring that all revenue and expenditure performance targets are met yearly.
4. Oversee the management of staff under his direct supervision, ensuring that they are afforded appropriate training for the efficient and effective performance of their duties.
5. Establish goals and objectives for the staff under his supervision and provide regular feedback regarding their personal and organization performance.
6. Oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive financial, human resources and information technology strategies and policies.
7. Ensure that all operations under his responsibility are conducted with the highest level of efficiency, especially as they relate to the Institute’s financial and human resources.
8. Deputize for the Director-General in his absence.
9. Represent the Institute at meetings, workshops, and conferences locally and abroad
10. Assume responsibility for the Institute’s assets assigned for the execution of the duties of the substantive post.
11. Perform any other relevant duties required for the effective functioning of the Institute.
Desired qualifications and skills:
1. Master’s Degree in Business Administration with at least eight years of progressive senior management experience and achievements.
2. A successful track record in developing, implementing, and monitoring strategic plans
3. Experience in project design and management.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
5. High computer literacy
6. Demonstrated ability to perform all functions of the position.
Salary and benefits are negotiable and based qualifications and experience
Application packages, which should include a letter of introduction, résumé and copies of highest academic qualifications, and the names and contact numbers of two recent referees are to be sent in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Re: Deputy Director-General”. They are to be addressed to Chairman of the Board of Directors at the following address to reach him no later than the 2:00 p.m. on September 11th 2009.
Statistical Institute of Belize
1902 Constitution Drive
Alternatively, they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org