Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following posts in the STATISTICAL INSTITUTE OF BELIZE, a statutory body that has replaced the Central Statistical Office as the national statistical agency of Belize.
Applications should be addressed to Director-General, Statistical Institute of Belize (Employment), Constitution Drive, Belmopan and can also be sent by email to mailto:email@example.com.
1 of 1. Assistant Statistician II
Supervisor: Statistician II
Duty Station: Orange Walk Town
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and compile data for the consumer price index and other social, economic, population and demographic statistics.
Assist with the recruitment, training and supervision of temporary staff for censuses, surveys and other data collection exercises conducted in the district.
- Prepare reports: attendance and punctuality; turnover.
Manage the flow of materials and documents between district office and headquarters.
Monitor and provide comprehensive reports on changes in the demographic, social and economic conditions of the district..
Respond to requests for statistical information from individuals and organizations.
- Assist with the coding and editing of questionnaires and other forms.
- Promote the activities of the Institute in the district.
- Provide monthly written reports on all assignments performed.
- Represent the Institute at meetings, workshops and conferences locally and abroad.
- Assume responsibility for the Institute’s assets assigned for the execution of the duties of the substantive post.
- Perform any other relevant duties required for the effective functioning of the Institute
- Mature and have strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Minimum of three years working experience, preferably at a supervisory level
Proficiency in SPSS and Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience in teaching/training
- Highly disciplined and effective team player
- able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Thoroughly familiar with the geography, demography and economy of district in which you are posted
Our Institute offers competitive salaries and benefit packages including life and health insurance, and a pension scheme. Interested applicants are asked to please send application letter with your curriculum vitae by Friday, February 4th, 2011 to:
Human Resources Manager
Statistical Institute of Belize
1902 Constitution Drive, Belmopan
The Statistical Institute of Belize
P.O. Box 617
Short-listed applicants will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline for receipt of applications.